As Computing is continually developing and new technologies emerging, we as a school will strive to give all pupils the skills to prepare them for their future. Computing is an essential part of everyday life and will continue to evolve in as yet unforeseen ways, so our children will need confidence and ability to move with the changes as they arrive.
Our aims are:
- To enhance and extend children’s learning across the whole curriculum whilst developing motivation and social skills.
- For children to have access to a range of Computing resources including emerging technologies.
- For children to achieve success in Computing by learning the skills set out in our scheme of work.
- To allow children the opportunity to choose and use Computing creatively in all areas of the curriculum enabling them to see the relevance of Computing in every day life.
- To make children aware of inappropriate use of Computing and how to use Computing responsibly.
- For all staff to continually improve and develop their Computing skills through professional development.
- To use Computing to promote links with parents and the wider community.